There are lots of polytechnic institutes in Bangladesh. We have 49 public polytechnic institutes and an uncountable number of private polytechnic institutes. But, the main question is which one is the best to study.
Today we will find out which ones are the best polytechnic institute. First of all, I want to say that, this is my personal opinion and I make this list by researching online.
1. Dhaka Polytechnic Institute
Who doesn’t know about Dhaka polytechnic institute?! Dhaka Polytechnic Institute is a government technical institute in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is the largest and the oldest polytechnic academia in modern Bangladesh.
It was founded in 1955 with only 120 students. The campus area of Dhaka polytechnic institute is 27 acres. It has many departments such as Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology, Environmental Engineering, Automobile Engineering, etc.
- Academic Staff: 116
- Students: 8,898
- Address: Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Avenue, Tejgaon Industrial Area, Dhaka, 1208, Bangladesh
- Principal: Engr. Kazi Zakir Hossain
- Website: dpi.gov.bd
02. Bangladesh Sweden Polytechnic Institute
Bangladesh Sweden Polytechnic Institute is one of the large and well-reputed technical education institutes. It’s a government Diploma Engineering College located in Kaptai, Rangamati Hill Tracts in Bangladesh.
There are six sections in this institute such as Computer Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Diploma in Civil Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering, and Construction Engineering. It was established in 1963.
There’re three hostels in Bangladesh Sweden Polytechnic Institute.
- Girl’s Hostel
- Swedish Hostel (Boys)
- Jahangir Hostel (Boys)
The institute was founded as “Swedish-Pakistan Institute of Technology” in 1963 with assistance from the Swedish government and the main gate designed by Uttam Das.
- Address: Kaptai, Rangamati Hill District, Bangladesh
- Academic staff: 150
- Students: 1,350
- Principal: Mohammad Abdul Matin Howlader
- Mobile Number: 03529-56251
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: bspi.gov.bd
3. Graphic Arts Institute
Graphic Arts Institute is a historic public art institute in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded in 1967 and the campus of the graphic arts institute is 5.53 acres.
It’s the one and only public institute for Diploma in Printing and Diploma in Design. It also has another department and it’s Computer Science and Technology. The first head of the institute was the South Dakota University-trained R. K. Mollah.
- Address: Satmasjid Road, Dhaka 1207
- Founded: 1967
- Principal: Engr. Niher Ronjon Das
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: + 8802-58151777
- Website: gai.gov.bd
4. Dhaka Mohila Polytechnic Institute
Dhaka Mohila Polytechnic Institute is an institute only for women. It was established in 1985 with just two department. But now this institute has many departments such as Computer Engineering, Agrchitecture Engineering, Electra-medical Engineering, Instrument and Process Control Technology, Tourism, Electronics Engineering, and Hospitality Technology. This institute is situated in Agargaon.
- Address: Statistics Road, Shere Bangla Nagar, Agargaon Taltola, Dhaka
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone : +880255007169
- Website: dmpi.gov.bd
5. Chittagong Polytechnic Institute
In the field of technical education, Chittagong polytechnic institute is one of the leading institutes. This institute was established in 1962 and the area of this institute is 20 acres. It provides theoretical and practical education in basic engineering and technology.
Currently, there are seven departments. These are:
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Power Engineering
The Chittagong Polytechnic Institute contributes a lot to the Diploma in Engineering job sector in Bangladesh.
- Address: Chittagong, Nasirabad, Chittagong, 4320, Bangladesh
- Administrative staff: 200
- Students: 3000+
- Principal: Engr. Md. Lutfor Rahman
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: +88-031-62534
6. Rajshahi Polytechnic Institute
Rajshahi Polytechnic Institute is one of the well-known institutions in Bangladesh. This institute is situated in Sapura, Rajshahi. It was established in 1963.
The campus area is 14.69 acres and Rajshahi polytechnic institute has seven academic buildings.
- Established: 1963
- Principal: Mohammad Abdur Roshid Mollick
- Location: Sapura, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mobile: +৮৮ ০২৫৮৮৮০৩৩৪৪
- Website: rpi.gov.bd
7. Sylhet Polytechnic Institute
Sylhet Polytechnic Institute is a state-supported technical academic institute located in Sylhet, Bangladesh. It was established in 1955 by the then East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) government.
The area of SPI is 20 acres and there are 5572 students at this institute. The campus of SPI was designed by Muzharul Islam and Stanley Tigerman.
- Address: Technical Road, Sylhet-3100
- Principal: Mohammed Rehan Uddin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0821-716372
- Mobile: 01746494392
- Web: spi.gov.bd
8. Kushtia Polytechnic Institute
Kushtia Polytechnic Institute is known as KPI short. It is one of the largest polytechnic institutions in Bangladesh.
Kushtia Polytechnic Institute has 2,300 students and 66 academic staff. It was established in 1964 and today in 2022 it’s one of the largest polytechnic institutes.
Kushtia Polytechnic Institute has five departments. These are:
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
This institute may be a great choice for you to be a diploma engineer.
- Address: Kalishankarpur, Kushtia-7000, Kushtia, Bangladesh
- Principal: Engr. Md. Munir Hossain
- Academic staff: 66
- Students: 2,300
- Tel: 555-555-1212
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: kpi.gov.bd
9. Bogra Polytechnic Institute
Let me introduce you to another great polytechnic institute in Bangladesh. The institute’s name is Bogra polytechnic institute. Bogra Polytechnic Institute (also known as BPI) is a government institute in Bogra.
BPI was established in 1962 and the area of this institute is 20 acres.
- Established: 1962
- Academic staff: 9
- Administrative staff: 190
- Address: Sherpur road, Bogura, Bangladesh
- Tel: +8802588814060
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: bogurapoly.gov.bd
10. Mymensingh Polytechnic Institute
Mymensingh Polytechnic Institute (MPI) is a polytechnic institute in Mymensingh, Bangladesh. It was established in 1963.
This institute has about 6000 students. The students’ number is huge. The institute operates under the executive control of the Ministry of Education (MOE) acting through the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). It’s one of the best public polytechnic institutes in Bangladesh.
- Established: 1963
- Principal: Md. Showkat Hossain
- Administrative staff: 250
- Students: about 6000
- Tel: +8809167294
- Mobile: 01714898491
- Principal E-mail: email@example.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: mpi.edu.bd